Saturday, May 12, 2007

First Kiva repayment, Micro-Credit on Numb3rs


Big week for Micro-credit in my life. Firstly, I received my first repayment of the money I loaned on Kiva.org . So the $25 I originally lent, has been returned to me and I immediately re-lent the money to another business. I’m pretty psyched that $25 has help one business (in Mexico) and is starting to help another (in Ghana). I may try to track the “threads” of a each $25. It could be interesting over the course of few years, where $25 is used.

Secondly, in the Friday, May 11th Episode of Numb3rs, part of the episode was a 90 second blurb about the benefit and efficiency of micro-credit in helping area’s gain economic stability. So micro-credit got some prime entertainment style plug.

Kiva.org, or other micro-credit peer-to-peer lending organizations, could be an interesting way to teach kids (or anybody really) about world issues in a very specific way, here is a person, here is their photo, and they send you emails, additionally it to provide an example charity. Most of the business send updates with their progress, so it would give you something to share, and provide a context to discuss different. area’s of the world.

No comments: